Currently Hobart Playback Theatre has 13 members who have diverse roles as actors, musicians, conductors, trainers and administrators.
A member since 2007, Rose has dabbled in theatre for 20 years performing roles both on and off stage.
Kim is a conductor and actor with the Company and a member since 1994. She has trained with the founder of Playback Theatre, Jonathan Fox, and Mary Good, who brought Playback Theatre to Australia. Kim works as a facilitator and coach with community, industry and Government organisations.
Lou-anne joined the Company in 1995 and has since performed as an actor or conductor in over a hundred community and commissioned performances. She has attended and co-facilitated several workshops for Hobart Playback Theatre.
Emily brings strong insight into her Playback performances with a background in refugee advocacy work. She gets to the heart of a story!
Leigh Tesch conducts and acts with the Company and has performed and trained since 1994. She has an extensive background in dance, performance, improvisation and clowning. She currently works as a Clown Doctor at the Royal Hobart Hospital and devises and performs new theatre work in an ensemble and as a storyteller.
Sam de Zoet
Sam is a great mover! His energy and great sense of fun will engage you!
Nel is a founding member, working as an actor, musician, conductor and on the executive for a number of years, with expertise in grant writing. Nel’s day job is in environmental education. She has had international training with Jonathan Fox, Founder of Playback Theatre.
A talented actor with Terrapin and Big Monkey, Quinn brings a great sense of fun and good timing to his Playback performances.
David moved to Hobart Playback in 2005 after a stint with Rewind Theatre in Melbourne and Theatre of the Ordinary. He has appeared in Hobart Repertory Theatre and some local film productions.
Georgi comes from a background of directing, choreographing and stage managing Gang Shows for Scouts. She has a playful energy and awesome music to her performances!
Satyamo is a trained musician, yoga instructor and music therapist. She joined Hobart Playback Theatre in 2009. Her spontaneous song writing and musical support is extraordinary!
Andrew joined in 1995, with a background in piano improvisation and theatre production and interests in audio and lighting. Trained with Australian and international theatre and circus professionals. He works in visual science and health in Tasmania and East Timor.
Rachel is a talented professional musician with specialist training in improvised performance. She has toured nationally with several of her own albums. She is currently doing a PhD in musicology. We welcomed Rachel to the company in 2019.
Claire started training with us in 2018. She loves moving and has dabbled in ballet, tango, salsa, contemporary, and afrodance! A close friend in New Zealand told Claire that she’d be good at improv, and Claire took this advice seriously upon moving to Hobart.
- Parenting:Treasures, Trails and Tribulations 2 Performances, Hobart City Council
- The Elephant in the Room: Stories of Death and Dying, with Glenview Aged Care, Tasmanian Association for Palliative and Hospice Care
- LGBTI Regional Tour: performances in Burnie, Devonport and Deloraine
- Australian Association for Environmental Education: National Conference
- National Community Gardens Conference>
- Look to the Mountain: Public Performance
- Young Migrant Women: Glenorchy Council
- Aspire Performance
- Post Bushfire Benefit Performance: Eaglehawk Neck
- Post Bushfire Benefit: Dunalley Primary School
- Look to the Mountain: Public Performance: Mt Wellington
- Alphabet Soup – Hobart – Tasmanian Government LGBTI Grant
- Launceston – Tasmanian Government LGBTI Grant
- Burnie – Tasmanian Government LGBTI Grant
- Students Against Racism – Commissioned
- Brighton Early Years – Early Years Grant
- Stories from our Patch – Commissioned
- Polytechnic Storytelling – Commissioned
- Risdon Vale Primary 50 year Anniversary – Smith Family Grant
- Migrant Resource Foundation – Commissioned
- I come from the Country – FRRR Grant, Colebrook
- The way I see it – Grant
- We are Young Mums – Centicare: Glenorchy City Council Grant
- Chilean Gig – Benefit
- Made Whole – Sheffield – Commissioned
- Women’s Prison – Commissioned
- SASS – Commissioned
- Feeling Safe – Clarendon Vale Primary – Commissioned
- HCC Voices – Grant
- Greencorp – Commissioned
- Storia a Viva – Commissioned
- Grandparents caring for Grandchildren – Grant
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal – Benefit
- Tas Early Years – Grant, Early Years Foundation